27 March 2008

The Laptop


I bought this refurbished old laptop very cheap 2 years ago from one premium online shop, with the help of my friend.
I received it in very good, clean, polished and complete condition (along with its original accesories, user manual and recovery cd).
The laptop is very nice built and robust. It must be a top line during its lifetime :)
The installed operating sistem is Original Microsoft® Windows® 98 SE.
I resized the Windows partition to 5 GB, and alocated the rest 15 GB for swap and linux.
All in all I am happy with this laptop, I have tried many distros on it and I can say that this is a nice and linux-friendly laptop.

Specifications:
- Model: Toshiba Tecra 8200

- Intel® Pentium 3-M 850Mhz

- Memory 256 SDRAM

- Hard disk: 20GB

- Display: 14.1 inch (1024x768)

- Video Card: Integrated Graphics Trident XP4

- Internal Optical Drive: DVD ROM

- Sound: Yamaha YMF 754

- Network: Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem (AC 97)

- Wireless connection:

The laptop does not come with internal wireless card, so I bought this USB wireless adapter:
3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps 11g Compact USB Adapter (model no: 3CRUSB10075) using Zydas / zd1211 driver.

I guess I am lucky because this USB wireless adapter just works on most distros I tried (including the WPA encryption).

No comments:

Post a Comment